Pages

Not your grandma's cloth diapers!

I think there is a terrible misconception about what cloth diapers are like TODAY!  Lets be realistic here, everything else has changed and advanced, so don't you think that diapers would too!  When people find out I cloth diaper my babies they look at me like alligators are crawling out of my mouth.  I get a lot of "seriously?!" "why?!" "didn't have enough work to do already?" type of responses, but I guess if you are that arrogant to judge before you even know what a cloth diaper looks like "these days," little I am going to say will change your mind.  However, I will try and clear up a few of the biggest misconceptions.
Fits at 4 months
still fitting at 13 months



1.) No safety pins required!  Crazy that the cloth diaper companies have caught on to the world of Velcro and even better, snaps!  So no I don't sometimes "stab" or "poke" my squirmy baby or toddler.

2.) They do NOT leak.  These cloth diapers are better at holding in the mess than regular diapers.

3.) I do not have to "dunk and swirl" my diapers in the toilet.  These diapers are made out of a material that all the poop doesn't stick to.  It is truly amazing how it works.  All you have to do is dump it in the toilet or even trash can if you take it out regular and throw the diaper in the hamper to be washed later.

4.) No my baby is not "hot under there!"  Yes the diapers do look a little heavier/bulkier, so I can see how that can be misleading, but neither one of my children has ever had a heat rash in a cloth diaper...as compared to the zillion of heat rashes they had before we started.

5.) No special detergent required.  At first I used the organic, Internet order stuff, but then I realized that good ol' Tide works the best.  Not Tide free and clear or any other specification, just Tide. And No, the diapers are not stained and dingy.  Just hang dry them outside in the sun and any stained spots you might have had will be completely gone.
Only buy the diaper once and it last until they are potty trained!  Talk about a money saver! 


I'm not judging anyone who doesn't cloth diaper, it is just something that has worked best for my family.  If you want to learn more about it , I would love to tell you how easy it is to do.  But the bottom line is, if the phrase, "its just another load of laundry," sounds like the worst thing ever, then cloth diapers are not for you.

My favorite diaper by far.  The boys say this one is the most comfy and it comes clean the best


5 comments:

  1. i agree with you 100% I don't have kids yet but when i do they will be cloth diapered. i've been interested in that for years i think it's the best thing. i told my mom that and she just laughed at me and then looked at me like i had "alligators crawling out of my mouth" lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do the ecoposh require a diaper cover? I bought a bunch of kissaluvs, but they require a cover, and they're just WAY too bulky on this little girl. So, we bought a tots bots easy fit, but it's a little big right now cause she still has her umbilical stump. So, we're still using disposables, but I wanna get out of them asap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope they don't require a cover and they are the absolute best! I haven't had any complaints. The company also makes a "little joey" for newborns that would probably fit her, but it only last for a little while. The ecoposh last forever! I could still put one on Max if I needed too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm..On the website it says they do require a cover! :( Do you not have problems with yours soaking through?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Geez I guess the website does say the eco posh requires a cover, I have never had a problem with it, but I only have 2 ecoposh diapers and the rest are just the regular prints and colors from the same website and I'm pretty sure those do not require a cover. I have had absolutely no problems with any of them soaking through.

    ReplyDelete