Pages

Politics...ummm Conserv-lib-ind--etc me :)




I am not political person, which is weird because I married a very politically involved and very informed individual.  I might be in to it more if I had the time needed to research and make up my mind, but I simply do not have the time.  I don't want to be one of those people who just sounds ignorant because I just say whatever someone else says or just trust one source of information.  I get my news from web pages when I have time to look and about 20 minutes of news in the morning just before the boys get up.


I am also not very involved because I am not the type to campaign or try and change someones mind.  My way of thinking is, if you are happy with what you believe, then who am I to tell you differently.  So as you can see, you will never find me being the one to persuade someone to think the way I do.  I have a few things that I take a stance on, but even those I am not willing to share because I simply don't need any extra drama in my life.  It seems like a person's political beliefs are allowed to be mocked, dismissed, and I have even seen some people harassed for their political stance.  This is strange to me because a lot of people take their political stance as serious as religion, and we all know that speaking bad about another religion is especially off limits, so why is it ok to do this about their politics.  I just really don't get it.  You have a passion for it...fine, great!  Use the passion in a good way, instead of harassing people who think differently.  And if we really think about it, I seriously doubt you are going to make a point or change someone's mind in a political stand off.  Chances are you both have your minds made up.


No comments:

Post a Comment