Pages

The No Teeth Wonder!

I always heard teething was one of the hardest parts of parenting and so far it has been the hardest 10-11 months of my life!!!  Max successfully celebrated his first birthday without a SINGLE tooth! He gummed down his whole birthday cake and finished off a personal pan cheese pizza.  I seriously do not know how he is able to eat half of the things he does without teeth.
I know that it has to hurt having razor sharp little teeth constantly trying to push through your gums...the reason I know it hurts is because he lets me know all day long.  We have tried just about every teething remedy and have finally found one that works.  A lot of mom's would probably frown on me for doing this, but I don't care because it makes my little man feel better.  We have found it is best to put a little bit of brandy on his gums, just enough to make them a little numb.  He hates the way it taste, but just minutes afterwards he is back to being his happy self.

At Max's first birthday I was around 5 months pregnant and pretty confident that I would have the baby before Max would ever even get a tooth.  However, it finally happened when he was 15 months old!  As I was giving him a bath he opened his mouth to tell me what a cow says and there it was!!  One tiny little piece of white just barely peeking through his gums on the bottom right.  I was so excited that he finally had a tooth that I called Reed, then Mom, then Dad, then Nana, then Autumn while she was in class.  Everyone was just as excited for the news as I was.  Once that one tooth came in it was like rapid fire teething!  He had 2 more teeth poke through within the month.  By the time Jerry was born he had a full mouth of teeth.

So teething sucks really bad for the parent and the child! Reed always joked that the tiny flask of brandy I carried around in the diaper bag was for me more than it was Max!  I always tell him I don't drink on the job...but I would be lying if I said I didn't think about numbing the teething pain for me a little bit too...that is why I used the earplugs :)
One of Max's favorite teething objects.  Reed's tough phone set on vibrate!  

No comments:

Post a Comment