Pages

What did I just do?!

I never thought this would happen, but we officially turned down a match!  I just knew that I would never be strong enough to recognize a bad situation and turn it down, but we actually did it.

Birthmother was due in November, with a little girl...so everything sounded perfect.  Then little details start emerging that just didn't fit with our family.  It would have been selfish to accept.  She asked us 3 times to reconsider, so I didn't just say no once, I had to say no 3 times!  I'm not sure if God was testing my strength or faith, but I know it was not the right thing for us.

Hopefully the right match will come along for us soon.  I am getting very anxious, especially now.  I know I did the right thing, but it is just hard to see an opportunity pass you by.  I sit and think about it all the time, trying to make sense out of the whole thing. I really hope that the expectant mother finds the right family for the baby and even more I really hope the right baby finds our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment