Pages

Time magazine cover

So I am a little late on posting this, but I'm busy so I get to it when I get to it.

I hear that this Time magazine cover is causing quiet a stir.  So what I am basically getting from it is that people are upset that she is chosing to be a committed mother and doing what she believes is best for her son.  She is not an absent mother, a drug addict, or a felon... she is still breastfeeding her son at the age of 3.  How appauling!

I am a fan of the attachment parenting philosophy, so yes I am a little biased, but I think we should applaud this woman for being this committed to her children.  Anyone who has ever breastfed knows how big of a committment it is!  Why in the world is she being criticised?  I guess I just don't get it.  Yes, I can see how it could be perceieved as a little strange to those people who sexualize breastfeeding or even go so far as to say its disguisting, but it is not a disturbing image.  I could have never breastfed my children this long, I was at my limit at 9 months, and trust me, I was counting down the days for my children to slowly wean themselves off, it is seriously tough work!


I for sure think Time was going for the shock and aw when they chose this cover.


They could have chose this one instead and it would probably have gotten a completely different reaction.




These are some of the other pictures that were inside the magazine





I have experienced this same situation!  The airline didn't actually say to get off, but they very much looked disturbed.  





I just think that people should leave this woman and all the other mothers (good mothers) alone.  If the media and the world would put just half as much effort into saving orphans and adoption awareness instead of harping on this magazine cover then the world would be a much better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment