Pages

Growing in my heart

"Adoption means you grew in your mommy's heart instead of her tummy."




I heard this wonderful quote today and I thought it was the most absolute perfect way of describing adoption not only to a child, but really to anyone.  Adoption is tough, heart breaking, and a little bit mind numbing.  There are so many bad people out there in the world that are just there to take advantage of hopeful adoptive families and the agencies are no different.  We absolutely refuse to work with any agency that bases their fee on the child's race.  How is this not baby buying?!  So I can welcome a caucasian baby into my home for about $30,000 but if you want an african american baby we can make it happen for about $15-20,000!  That is insane and wrong on soooooo many levels.  I really don't know how these people sleep at night.  And lets not even get me started on the U.S. Foster system...I have nothing good to say to these people.  




Pregnancy was hard and in my case life threatening, but if I could do it all over again just to avoid this 3 ring circus of adoption I would.  Reed and I both have a very deep desire to adopt, we feel that it is just something we are meant to do, but that doesn't make it any easier. I know I will love our adopted child exactly the same as I love my biological children...I know this because I already love this potential child soooo much that it is heartbreaking that she hasn't found her way to our family yet.  I may not be pregnant, but I feel like I have the hormones of a pregnant woman.  Technically we are "paper pregnant."  All the work is done, we are just waiting for the life changing call.  Hopefully it will come soon before I loose my mind.    

No comments:

Post a Comment