Pages

Being a Mama to two Boys

Learning how to be a mom was kinda hard at first, mostly just getting over the fact that I will never, ever sleep again or have clean clothes was the hardest.  Learning how to be the mom for two boys is very, very hard!  I have never been a girly-girl, so I thought I would be ok, but boys are just soooo different; its like learning a new language.

Learning how boys play has been an experience.  Trucks, trains, dinosaurs, bugs, tractors, are all very loud things in a boy's mind and they crash/fight A LOT.  So far, in the 3 years we have been playing, our cars have never taken a leisurely drive, trains have never just went around the track, dinosaurs have never just gotten along, bugs have never been normal, and tractors never have a quiet motor.  It took me a while to realize that this is just how they like to play and its normal.  My house is pretty much always loud and pretty cluttered with toys.  I have finally accepted the fact that I am just going to have to touch up a lot of paint from about my knees down because a lot of tractors and trucks have crashed into my walls.  Its loud and fun, but you have to be prepared for it, otherwise my house would seem like a complete mad house to you.





Now that I have finally tackled how to play, I have to learn how to tackle tackle...fishing tackle that is.   I have never been much of a fisherwoman.  I love to hunt, that is something I will have no problem teaching the boys how to do, but that is a ways off.  Fishing is basically a new concept to me.  Max and Jerry absolutely love to fish so I have to learn fast.  Luckily our pond is basically just full of perch at the moment and I don't think there is any real strategy to pond fishing...at least I hope not.  I didn't even know how to tie a hook at the beginning.  Now I can do that pretty quick.  Putting the bait on is pretty easy too, but we have one major problem.  The first time we went fishing without Granny or Grandpa it was all going perfectly smooth...then we caught a fish!  I was so excited that I must have done something right because Max reeled it in and the hook didn't come off or anything.  Then I realized I don't know what to do next!  I know I am supposed to take the fish off the hook, but there seems to be teeth in there and every time I touch the fish those dang fins hurt me.  I am very unsure what my next move is supposed to be because I am not putting my hand in its mouth and I am pretty much done with those fins hurting my hand.  So I did the only thing I could think of...I distracted Max by telling him to look at the cows and I threw the line back in the water with the fish still attached!  So he thought he was catching a fish every time and was extremely happy and I didn't have to touch that fish anymore, so I was pretty happy.  Since then, my dad has taught me how to get the hook out of their mouth with some needle nose pliers and I don't even have to touch the fish.  Someday I will be brave enough and learn to do it with my hands, but not today and probably not tomorrow.

I'm not sure what I will be learning next, but I bet it will be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment