Pages

Jerry Allen is 3!



Jerry Allen is an amazing little human!  Of course I would say that about all my children, but this is just a special little post for Jerry :)






As soon as I found out I was pregnant with Jerry I knew he was going to be a very special baby.  When I finally found out he was indeed a he, I was even more positive that this little man was going to be amazing.











Jerry has a lot of qualities that make him amazing and I will just try to shorten it to some of my personal favorites:

Jerry and I have A LOT in common, which makes it very easy for me to understand him all the time.  We share a very special bond of introvertedness.  We both need our time to ourselves to do what we want, when we want, and we need people in our lives to understand this without getting their feelings hurt.  Don't get me wrong, Jerry loves being around his family, but this little man needs to be able to sit down and build his legos in peace at least once a day.


Jerry has very intense emotions.  When he is happy, he is beyond the moon happy, when he is excited, you can't contain him, and when he loves someone you can just feel the love coming from him all the time.  A lot of people don't like this trait about Jerry because when he is sad he for sure lets you know about it by whining until he is no longer sad and worse than that, when he is mad or upset his temper will rival a grown man on steroids.  I love this trait about Jerry.  I never have to wonder what he is thinking, how he is feeling, and since Jerry loves me dearly, I get a constant little emotional love hug all day long...even in the middle of a temper tantrum I can still see that he loves me.


Jerry has an infectious laugh.  When is laughs his whole body laughs and his eyes look amazingly blue and happy.  You simply cannot look at Jerry when he is laughing and no laugh along with him or at least smile uncontrollably.


When I call Jerry a little man, it is because he truly is a little man. Jerry just turned 3 and is still wearing size 18 month clothing.  Jerry weighs in at a whopping 26 lbs and is 35.5 inches tall.  I used to say that God was keeping Jerry small so I wouldn't be sad that my babies were growing up when we were trying to adopt Abilene.  However, Abilene is now almost 10 months old and he is still the SAME SIZE!  Yes, I worry about his health, but there is also nothing I can do about it at the moment, so I am enjoying him being a little man.  He is just the perfect size for a cuddle and when he gets scared and crawls into my bed at nights I always sleep the best.  He also acts like a man.  He always tries to be so brave and his favorite compliment is "Jerry you are such a gentleman."  He enjoys helping me out, especially helping me kill the bugs, "checkin on mama to see if she is safe," and "holding me" (which means, he wants me to hold him and carry him around, but he thinks it is for my benefit because I say I need some hugs ).
Jerry's 2 year check up in the 3rd percentile...still weighs the same 






Jerry idolizes his big brother.  They are NEVER EVER away from each other and they have such a close bond that it is almost freaky.  When I take Jerry away for special Jerry dates, he will ask where Max is about 20 times, want to call him, and then when we get back he will hug him like he has been missing him for days.  It is really special to witness how close they are.





Jerry loves all animals (minus Aunt Awa's dog, and they have a love/hate relationship.  Awa's dog likes Jerry's pacifier and that causes a lot of issues).  He loves to take care of the animals, feed them, and literally love on them until they hurt.  Sometimes he gives the animals such intense hugs, pats of kisses that it hurts these poor animals.

And finally, my favorite thing about Jerry is that he is 100% a total mama's boy!  I am his with out a doubt favorite person in the entire world :)  Yes, he has others than he just idolizes, like, Max, Christian, Nana (Jerry and Nana actually have a really special little bond), and a few others, but Jerry and I just understand each other in a very special way.  I was always worried about middle child syndrome and him not feeling special or loved as much, but I never have to worry about this with Jerry.  I know that he knows I love him very much and that he is "the best Jerry ever!"




















No comments:

Post a Comment